Our philosophy is to spend as much time as necessary learning about every new patient’s oral health, prior to making treatment decisions. Your initial appointment involves a consultation with the doctor to get to know you and listen to what your needs and wants are. A complete oral evaluation will be performed which includes:
- a thorough tooth exam
- periodontal (gum) exam
- temporomandibular joint (TMJ), bite, and head/neck evaluations
- and any necessary X-rays
Dental “cleanings” (prophylaxis) are not always done at this visit as your periodontal status needs to be assessed to determine what type of “cleaning” is required. After this is done, your diagnosis will be explained and treatment options will be presented.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- A list of medications and prescriptions you are presently taking
- i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.
- A list of over-the-counter supplements you are presently taking
- i.e. vitamins, herbs, minerals, amino acids, supplements, etc.
- A list of medical conditions that exist
- i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves, etc.
- Please bring your dental insurance card (if applicable)
- Driver’s License